Getting started: your first pipeline
Welcome to our turnkey orchestration platform. We're happy you decided to give Y42 a go! 💜
This guide will cover everything you need to know to get started on the Y42 platform. We'll walk you through the account configuration, demonstrate how to set up pipelines and schedules, and explain core Y42 concepts such as GitOps and virtual data builds. You can either follow along with the demo project we provide or with your own data and context.
After following this guide, you'll:
- Have a fully-configured Y42 account, organization, and workspace
- Have a first pipeline up and running with data ingestion and transformation
- Be able to set up your own pipelines, schedules, and alerts
- Know about core Y42 concepts, such as the asset lifecycle and virtual data builds
We've divided the guide into the following sections:
- Set up an account
- Create a space
- Ingest data
- Transform data
- Schedule a build
- Merge your changes
Every section includes a written description and step-by-step instructions to follow along. For certain sections, we also provide interactive click-through demos and videos.
We designed this guide to stand on its own and hope that following along will be a breeze. That said, sometimes, extra support can make a world of difference. We have numerous resources in place to help you along the way:
- Docs: the go-to place for functional documentation of the Y42 platform: docs.y42.dev (opens in a new tab).
- Help panel: You can open up the
Help & Supportpanel in the bottom-left of the Y42 screen, which will display helpful doc sections.
- Support: Fromm the same
Help & Supportpanel, you can click
Contact supportto send a ticket to our team.