This page guides you through the process of setting up the Google Sheets source connector.
Each sheet in the selected spreadsheet is synced as a separate stream. Each selected column in the sheet is synced as a string field.
This source connector only supports replicating Grid (opens in a new tab) sheets.
|Full Refresh Sync||Yes|
|Integration Type||Y42 Type||Notes|
For utilizing the Google Sheets source, ensure you have the following:
- Spreadsheet link
- Create a new Source of type Google Sheets (Airbyte).
- Add a new secret (or use an existing one).
- For Spreadsheet Link, enter the link to the Google spreadsheet. To get the link, go to the Google spreadsheet you want to sync, click Share in the top right corner, and click Copy Link.
- Authenticate your Google account via OAuth or Service Account Key Authentication.
- (Recommended) To authenticate your Google account via OAuth, click Sign in with Google and complete the authentication workflow.
- To authenticate your Google account via Service Account Key Authentication, enter your Google Cloud service account key (opens in a new tab) in JSON format. Make sure the Service Account has the Project Viewer permission. If your spreadsheet is viewable by anyone with its link, no further action is needed. If not, give your Service account access to your spreadsheet (opens in a new tab).
- For Row Batch Size, define the number of records you want the Google API to fetch at a time. The default value is 200.
The Google API rate limit (opens in a new tab) is 100 requests per 100 seconds per user and 500 requests per 100 seconds per project. Y42 batches requests to the API in order to efficiently pull data and respects these rate limits. We recommended not using the same service user for more than 3 instances of the Google Sheets source connector to ensure high transfer speeds.