|Start Date Selection||Yes|
|Change data capture||Yes|
List of supported streams:
- Activities (opens in a new tab)
- AdAccount (opens in a new tab)
- AdCreatives (opens in a new tab)
- AdSets (opens in a new tab)
- Ads (opens in a new tab)
- AdInsights (opens in a new tab)
- Campaigns (opens in a new tab)
- CustomConversions (opens in a new tab)
- CustomAudiences (opens in a new tab)
- Images (opens in a new tab)
- Videos (opens in a new tab)
Prebuilt Facebook Ad Insights Reports:
|Ad Insights Action Carousel Card||---|
|Ad Insights Action Conversion Device|
|Ad Insights Action Product ID||---|
|Ad Insights Action Reaction||---|
|Ad Insights Action Video Sound||---|
|Ad Insights Action Video Type||---|
|Ad Insights Action Type||---|
|Ad Insights Age And Gender|
|Ad Insights Delivery Device|
|Ad Insights Delivery Platform|
|Ad Insights Delivery Platform And Device Platform|
|Ad Insights Demographics Age|
|Ad Insights Demographics Country|
|Ad Insights Demographics DMA Region|
|Ad Insights Demographics Gender|
|Ad Insights DMA|
|Ad Insights Country|
|Ad Insights Platform And Device|
|Ad Insights Region|
- A Facebook Ad Account ID (opens in a new tab)
- The credentials of your Facebook account with permission to access your ads account
- Create a new source, select Facebook Merketing (Airbyte) from the Source type dropdown and enter a name for it.
- On the source setup page, create a new Facebook Merketing secret, enter a unique name for it.
- For Account ID, enter the Facebook Ad Account ID Number (opens in a new tab) to use when pulling data from the Facebook Marketing API. To find this ID, open your Meta Ads Manager. The Ad Account ID number can be found in the Account dropdown menu, or in your browser's address bar. Refer to the Facebook docs (opens in a new tab) for more information.
- Select a Start date.
- (Optional) Toggle the Include Deleted Campaigns, Ads, and AdSets button to include data from deleted Campaigns, Ads, and AdSets.
- (Optional) Toggle the Fetch Thumbnail Images button to fetch the
thumbnail_urland store the result in
thumbnail_data_urlfor each Ad Creative (opens in a new tab).
- (Optional) For Page Size of Requests, you can specify the number of records per page for paginated responses. Most users do not need to set this field unless specific issues arise or there are unique use cases that require tuning the connector's settings. The default value is set to retrieve 100 records per page.
- (Optional) For Insights Window Lookback, you may set a window in days to revisit data during syncing to capture updated conversion data from the API. Facebook allows for attribution windows of up to 28 days, during which time a conversion can be attributed to an ad. If you have set a custom attribution window in your Facebook account, please set the same value here. Otherwise, you may leave it at the default value of 28. For more information on action attributions, please refer to the Meta Help Center (opens in a new tab).
- Insight tables are only able to pull data from the last 37 months. If you are syncing insight tables and your start date is older than 37 months, your sync will fail.
- If Start Date is not set then all data will be replicated for usual streams and only last 2 years for insight streams.
- The Facebook Marketing API does not have a concept of deleting records in the same way that a database does. While you can archive or delete an ad campaign, the API maintains a record of the campaign. Toggling the Include Deleted button lets you replicate records for campaigns or ads even if they were archived or deleted from the Facebook platform.
- CustomAudiences (opens in a new tab) stream can cause the
rulefield to not be synced for all records because it caused the error message
Please reduce the amount of data.... Please limit the record number by changing start date to reduce the number of ingested records.
- The Facebook Marketing connector uses the
lookback_windowparameter to repeatedly read data from the last
<lookback_window>days during an Incremental sync. This means some data will be synced twice (or possibly more often) despite the cursor value being up to date, in order to capture updated ads conversion data from Facebook. You can change this date window by adjusting the
lookback_windowparameter when setting up the source, up to a maximum of 28 days. Smaller values will result in fewer duplicates, while larger values provide more accurate results. For a deeper understanding of the purpose and role of the attribution window, refer to this Meta article (opens in a new tab).