Navigate the IDE
An overview of the Y42 platform's UI components.
This page offers a look at navigating the Y42 IDE, covering everything from organizational settings to asset management and version control. Learn how to efficiently move through different spaces, manage your data assets, and make the most of local and remote states for your data workflows.
- Notifications inbox: Receive and manage alerts, messages, or updates.
- Settings & IAM: Manage account settings, IAM policies, and security features like SSO and 2FA. ->
- All spaces in your organization: Overview of your organizational workspaces.
- Access various development modes: Toggle between Asset List, Code, and Lineage modes for development. ->
- Secrets: Manage credentials for 3rd-party tools like data sources and cloud functions. ->
- Space settings: Customize space-specific settings, including Data Warehouse connections, cloud storage, git repositories, and features like branch deployment or orchestration. ->
- List of all assets in the space: View and manage seeds, sources, models, exposures in the selected space.
- Set asset description, tags, tests, object query, adjust column definition. ->
- Preview data: Preview asset's data, including uncommitted changes. ->
- Compile query: Validate SQL syntax and preview the output query executed on the data warehouse. ->
You can also preview and compile parts of the SQL queries as well.
- Build: Execute assets to update the data warehouse. ->
- Schedule: Automated DAG runs at set intervals. ->
- Set Alerts: Receive notifications based on scheduler events or conditions. ->
- Manage version control actions for your codebase and data warehouse: Create branches, commit, merge, stash or revert your changes. ->